Friday, June 01, 2012

The past few days...

I've been sick.  Here's what I've learned:

1.  I usually don't really care how I'm dressed around random strangers.  But, after answering the door dressed in sweats and Doug's old T shirts to receive a package from the same UPS man THREE TIMES over the past few days-- I've began to feel slightly embarrassed.  

2.  After birthing children, coughing fits present a whole other problem I didn't anticipate.  Ladies-- those of you who have had children know what I'm talking about...  

3.  I decided to pick up some new books to read tonight-- reading on a Friday night in my sweats & old T shirts-- sounded like a good plan to me.  After arriving at the library I realized that it was closed-- seriously-- I felt a little sad to realize that librarians have more fun of Friday nights than I do...

4.  Having a cold is the perfect opportunity to teach your children to blow their own noses.  Emerson is now a real pro.  She takes her nose blowing job so seriously that I now find crumpled kleenex and toilet paper ALL over my house.

5.  Finally, after being sick these past few days I'm happy to report that I've successfully taught Caleb to have an appropriate fear of germs.  Every time I started to cough he would yell from across the room, "Make sure you cover your mouth Mom!"  Music to my ears.

Changing topics, I'm happy to report that we've finally finished planning out the sizes of our cabinets...  Doug's heading out to start building some of them tonight!  I guess that's one good thing about Friday nights...


That hubby of mine-- he's a real whiz on the calculator, so good with numbers, and can draw like nobody's business.  What a hottie :)

6 comments:

Team AC said...

ha ha, Elissa, you're so funny. That coughing fit problem after having kids you were talking about... I've heard of that before and am seriously thinking of having a ceasarian if/when we have kids... don't want that problem.

So happy for you that you're getting your kitchen... how exciting. Can't wait to see the final finished product.

~Corinna

Dan and Lynn said...

Sorry to hear you've been sick...not fun. And I totally hear you on the coughing fits (as well as sneezing, jumping on the trampoline, etc.)! That's so exciting that you guys have started on your cabinets! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Gord and Andrea said...

You're funny :) I had the same library idea but managed to get there before it closed. you must be going through book withdrawal right right now :)

Anonymous said...

Thought you got a Kobo for mother's day, no need for library. Excited for all of you to come soon!! Mom

Bonnie said...

Ahh, I remember the days of drafting out kitchen plans on good ol' 'Reimer Hardwoods' graph paper when I worked for the kitchen company in Abby :) Looks good Doug! :)

Hope you're feeling better Elissa. And I bet you rocked those sweats and old tshirts!

Trev and Rebekah said...

hope you feel better and yes I understand the problem with coughing fits though I experience it when I jump on the trampoline with my son!