Thursday, June 23, 2011

Pick your favorite color... round 2.

So if a game is fun the first time... it's gotta be fun the second time around, right?  When I was trying to decide on the color to paint my (now green) side table I posted a few inspiration photos of furniture painted in fun colors-- it was fun to hear everyone's favorite picks!  So... let's play it again, shall we?

Loving this sunshine yellow... I am quite possibly attracted to sunshine yellow more these days due to the fact that the sun seems to have disappeared around here...


This green looks a lot like the one I chose... I must be cooler than I thought :)


this one's fun... it reminds me of an orange creamsicle.  Wouldn't this be so cute in a baby boy's nursery?


This is probably the most perfect shade of grey to paint a piece of furniture.  I love the grey/yellow combo and I love this dresser.  If it were mine, it would always looks this perfectly staged... right :)


Wowzers.  This one's bright, but I like it.  I like it alot.


Alrighty... so the next few painted items are not dressers or side tables... I know.  But they are still awesome.  I love this console table.  How great is that color?  No joke, I saw a table EXACTLY like this one at MCC about a week ago for like $10 bucks.  Somebody needs to buy it and paint it like this one...


How amazing does this look?  If my outdated kitchen cabinets were paintable, I would seriously consider doing something like this (until Doug would find out... don't think he'd go for it).  Guaranteed, your house would be the only one on the block with kitchen cabinets like this.


These chairs are so great.  But then again, pretty much anything would look great in this kitchen.


Now, I know you're all thinking... this game is fun Elissa... really fun, but why are we doing it again?  Well, I found another table at a thrift store the other day.  It is the perfect side table for the downstairs family room.  It looks alright as is... but I think it will look even better painted.


Now I just gotta decide what color!
So... which would you choose?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the turquoise, just bought some of that color to do a dresser. Love the inspiration Mom

Gord and Andrea said...

seriously... i think they are all amazing. but i pick the light blue of the chairs... i think it would look perfect in your house :)

Erica said...

orange. why not?

Carol said...

Hmmm...I don't know what you have in your basement, so it's hard to pick a colour, but I like the red or the gray, since you've already done the green. I like them all, except for some reason, I'm with Erica, I have never been a big orange fan. I'm sure whatever you pick will look stunning, even if you pick the orange!

KDees said...

I'm with your mom - love the turquoise!

Kelsie-Lynn said...

I love that yellow! And I like the light blue too and the turquoise. So when you come out here in July do you want to redecorate my house :) It needs your help and so do I!! I can't wait to see what you pick!

elizabeth@themustardceiling said...

I'm new to your blog, did you already paint the piece green and not like it?

I love the green, pick it! I have been dying to paint a piece green lately, and I love the green dresser inspiration you found.

Elissa said...

Hi Elizabeth... I painted a different piece of furniture green (pictures posted a week ago) and I love it! Welcome here!!

Danae said...

hmmmm.. they are all pretty great! I love the yellow though, it would definitely brighten a basement!

Yvonne said...

Definitely red:) I love the boldness of it.

Bonnie said...

I would definitely go with the turquoise that was done on the console. Gorgeous. And yet totally versatile for your house, and could be used anywhere. Go sea-foam go! ;)

Team AC said...

well, it depends what the other colors in the room are, but I would do the turquoise.

Great post... love your stuff!

~Corinna