Monday, April 18, 2011

Pre-Easter Fun

Let me first start by thanking those that participated in the "paint the table" poll.  I loved reading everyone's feedback-- unfortunately I am still hopelessly undecided :)  In the next few days I'm going to try and decide where the table will reside in the house-- that will hopefully make the decision making process a bit easier!

Well, over the past few days we've done a few Easter-ish things.  First up, I decided to bake paska.  I try to make it every year at Easter.  This year, however, I tried my hand at dairy free paska!  Instead of milk, cream, and butter I used soy milk and dairy free margarine.  I tweaked my mom's fantastic paska recipe-- it's truly the best recipe ever.  I'm totally unbiased when I say that :)  The verdict?  Still delicious.  Really though, what doesn't taste delicious when topped with icing and sprinkles?


Emerson had her first taste of paska.  She loved it.  I've been giving her bits of bread and rice lately and she will sit for the longest time trying to pick the pieces up.  So cute... she's still very unsuccessful.  What we have noticed is that she definitely uses her left hand more than the right.  Look's like we're two for two in the lefty department!  Doug is rejoicing.  If the kids get his height and my lefty-ness we're going to have some killer volleyball players on our hands :)


On Saturday I had three extra chickies at my house.  To keep them busy we had an Easter candy/craft party.  We made these cute little chicks.  The kids had scissors, glue, and paper flying everywhere.  If I had an extra set of hands Emerson would have been able to make one too... she unfortunately had to sit on the sidelines in her Exersaucer watching the other kids craft it up.  I don't think she really minded all that much.  In the end, the candy/craft party was a smashing success... the kids liked the craft and had some pretty great sugar highs going on.  They all crashed just in time for nap time... perfect.


These little munchkins got to do a bit of paska taste testing for me.



They approved.

4 comments:

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

I'm glad the kids approved!! Love the little chicks!!

Erica said...

I was JUST thinking of making some paska! I guess I'd better go to the kitchen and get started!

Bonnie said...

Once again, you amaze me with the amount of stuff you get done in your waking hours. How do you do it super mom/auntie??
The paska looks delicious. If you need anyone else to taste test it and make sure its OK, I'm not far away ;)

KDees said...

mmmm, paska. Easter is not the same without it, for us Mennonites, is it? And, you're right - what doesn't taste good with a good slathering of icing and a generous amount of sprinkles!?