Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Happy to be at Work!!!

Well folks, I never thought I'd live to see the day that I would be excited to be at work-- but it's come. I am so happy to finally be working today! I thought I was going to go crazy yesterday. After being snowed in for 2 days I finally ran out of things to do. I did 4 loads of laundry, decorated my house for Christmas, baked muffins, baked cupcakes, made a huge meal for supper, cleaned my house from top to bottom, then organized it from top to bottom, and then I was bored. It was so nice to get up this morning with a purpose! However, I am swamped today with half a week's worth of work piled up for me to do! The forecast does not look promising for tomorrow, more snow and bad driving conditions, so this may be the only day I have at work this week! Does anyone have any suggestions of what I can do tomorrow, in case I'm stranded at home again?

5 comments:

{ as we know it } said...

you're hilarious! i would die for a day at home to go crazy! we've been dumped on with snow too - i actually got snowed OUT of my house on monday. i walked through knee high snow to get to my front door! haha...quite a sight in my dress pants and little shoes! if you do end up sitting at home these next few days you could make home made christmas cards! or just one for me ;) love you!
LYNN

Kirsten said...

Tell me about it Elissa. I am into week two of being at home off work! I am going absolutely crazy. I could be making Christmas cards or scrapbooking more but to be honest, I am not interested! i have decorated, I have cleaned, I have read, I have played piano. I have gone for millions of walks. I am so BORED!! So I guess I don't have many suggestions for you. I am hoping my arm is ready to go back to work on Monday. I will pray for safe travels for you. It definitely sounds scary to drive out there. Oh, and congrats on the new niece. So much fun.

Vanessa said...

I understand completely!! I was so happy to go back to school tomorrow and I think I will be really sad if there is no school tomorrow!!! hmm.. suggestions on what to do.. you could go to work for me!!

Trev and Rebekah said...

Wow you accomplished a lot. I know that if it were me I would sleep or read. Maybe you can dress warmly and go play in the snow? :0) It's crazy how much snow you guys got.

{ as we know it } said...

i would love to see you guys when you're out! We're here till Dec 30th, so we'll have to catch up!